Looking for a terror-ific collection of Halloween quotes?
Don’t be a scaredy-cat; sit down and peruse these gems. Our Halloween quotations are a real treat – so to speak. Let’s give ’em pumpkin to talk about. So, park your broom, sit a spell, and have some fun.
It’s going to be a great Halloween — I can feel it in my bones.
Best Quotations About Halloween
1.) It is as much fun to scare as to be scared.
2.) When black cats prowl and pumpkins gleam,
May luck be yours on Halloween.
3.) There is nothing that gives more assurance than a mask.
4.) Ghosts, like ladies, never speak till spoke to.
Richard Harris Barham
5.) Proof of our society’s decline is that Halloween has become a broad daylight event for many.
6.) Vampires are a pain in the neck.
7.) Halloween is just a bunch of hocus pocus.
8.) Ghouls just wanna have fun.
9.) If you can’t fly with the big girls, stay off the broom!
10.) Yes, I can drive a stick.
11.) If you’ve got it, haunt it!
12.) Keep calm and carry garlic.
Funny Halloween Quotes
- I’ll bet living in a nudist colony takes all the fun out of Halloween.
- The older you get, the harder it is to find someone willing to share a horse costume with you.
- This Halloween the most popular mask is the Arnold Schwarzenegger mask. And the best part? With a mouth full of candy you will sound just like him.
- Look, there’s no metaphysics on earth like chocolates.
- I see my face in the mirror and go, ‘I’m a Halloween costume? That’s what they think of me?
- Halloween Introductions: The Ghostess with the Mostess, meet my Mummy.
- A grandmother pretends she doesn’t know who you are on Halloween.
- You dress as a superhero, bang on your neighbor’s door, and they give you candy. I do that today, and my neighbor wants me arrested.
Check out our wickedly good Halloween jokes.
Pumpkin Day Jokes
1.) What did the skeletons say before eating?
2.) What did the skeleton ask for at the bar?
Two beers and a mop.
3.) Where does the vampire deposit his checks?
At the blood bank.
4.) Just say BOO and scary on.
5.) What did the Vampire say to the hostess?
You’re just my (blood) type.
- Carving out some time for Halloween Fun!
- Let’s creep it real.
- Eat, drink, and be scary!
- Come as you aren’t.
- Halloween candy always goes to waist.
- Ghouls just wanna have fun!
- If the broom fits, fly it.
- Oh, my gourdness!
- I’m a pain in the neck (Vampire).
- Our pumpkin is the pick of the patch.
- I’m here for the boos.
- Lift your spirits.
- Too cute to spook.
- Keep calm and carry a wand.
- That’s witchful thinking.
- Let’s get this party startled.
- If you’ve got it, haunt it!
- We’re dying to have fun.
- Shake your boo-ty.
- You’ve got me under your spell.
- The ghostess with the mostest.
- Have a spook-tacular Halloween!
Famous Halloween Sayings
- If human beings had genuine courage, they’d wear their costumes every day of the year, not just on Halloween.
- The moon has awoken with the sleep of the sun, the light has been broken; the spell has been broken.
- I do believe in spooks, I do, I do, I do.
The Lion in the Wizard of Oz
- Acting is like a Halloween mask that you put on.
- Everyone is a moon and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody.
- Biting is excellent. It’s like kissing – only there’s a winner.
- I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.
- The farther we’ve gotten from the magic and mystery of our past, the more we’ve come to need Halloween.
- From ghoulies and ghosties and long-legged beasties and things that go bump in the night, Good Lord, deliver us.
- Who made the rule that everybody has to dress like sheep 364 days of the year? Think of all the people you’d meet if they were in costume every day. People would be so much easier to talk to – like talking to dogs.
Classic Quotations for October 31
- Ghosts and goblins come to play on October’s final day.
- Some people are born for Halloween, and some are just counting the days until Christmas.
Stephen Graham Jones
- But I love Halloween, and I love that feeling: the cold air, the spooky dangers lurking around the corner.
- And when you gaze long enough into the abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.
- Halloween is not only about putting on a costume, but it’s about finding the imagination and costume within ourselves.
- Beware! As you trick or treat. These creatures will find you and make you smell their feet.
- Sticky fingers, tired feet; one last house, trick or treat!
Spooky Words and Sayings
- There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.
- Hold on, man. We don’t go anywhere with ‘scary’, ‘spooky’, ‘haunted’, or ‘forbidden’ in the title.
- I’d dress up as Siri for Halloween if my life didn’t already entail being asked stupid questions all day.
- “I’m so happy that Halloween falls on a Wednesday this year!” said no teacher ever.
- Halloween was confusing. All my life my parents said, ‘Never take candy from strangers.’ And then they dressed me up and said ‘Go beg for it.’ I didn’t know what to do! I’d knock on people’s doors and go, ‘Trick or treat.’ ‘No thank you.’
- On Halloween, the parents sent their kids out looking like me.
- It’s Halloween and hopefully you people that partied last night didn’t wake next to something scary.
Learn more about Happy Halloween – the history and traditions of this holiday.
Happy Halloween Greetings
- Eat, drink, and be scary.
- Backward, turn backward,
Time, in your flight
make me a child again
just for to-night!
Elizabeth Akers Allen
- On Halloween, witches come true;
Wild ghosts escape from dreams.
Each monster dances in the park.
- You wouldn’t believe
On All Hallow Eve
What lots of fun we can make,
With apples to bob,
And nuts on the hob,
And a ring-and-thimble cake.
- May Jack-o-lanterns burning bright
Of soft and golden hue
Pierce through the future’s veil and show
What fate now holds for you.
Of Ghosts and Goblins Sayings
- Eye of newt, and toe of frog, Wool of bat, and tongue of dog, Adder’s fork, and blind-worm’s sting, Lizard’s leg, and owlet’s wing, For a charm of powerful trouble, Like a hell-broth boil and bubble.
- All the ancient classic fairy tales have always been scary and dark.
Helena Bonham Carter
- One need not be a chamber to be haunted;
One need not be a house;
The brain has corridors surpassing
- Where there is no imagination there is no horror.
Arthur Conan Doyle, Sr.
- There is nothing funny about Halloween. This sarcastic festival reflects, rather, an infernal demand for revenge by children on the adult world.
- Men say that in this midnight hour,
The disembodied have power
To wander as it liketh them,
By wizard oak and fairy stream.
- Of calling shapes, and beck’ning shadows dire,
And airy tongues that syllable men’s names.
- Auld Daddy Darkness creeps frae his hole,
Black as a blackamoor, blin’ as a mole…
- They that are born on Halloween shall see more than other folks.
- By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.
- The boundaries which divide life from death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?
Edgar Allan Poe
- Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.
Edgar Allan Poe – More quotes by Edgar Allan Poe
- Sometimes, the things you see in the shadows are more than just shadows.
- My candle was nearly burnt out, when, by the glimmer of the half-extinguished light, I saw the dull yellow eye of the creature open…
- ‘Tis the night – the night
Of the grave’s delight,
And the warlocks are at their play;
Ye think that without
The wild winds shout,
But no, it’s they – it is they.
Arthur Cleveland Coxe
- Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can’t see where it keeps its brain.
Sayings about Trick or Treat Day
- At first cock-crow, the ghosts must go. Back to their quiet graves below.
- Bring forth the raisins and the nuts – Tonight All-Hallow’s Specter struts Along the moonlit way.
John Kendrick Bangs
- Pixie, kobold, elf, and sprite,
All are on their rounds tonight;
In the wan moon’s silver ray,
Thrives their helter-skelter play.
- Carvin’ Out Some Good Times.
- Halloween wraps fear in innocence,
As though it were a slightly sour sweet.
Let terror, then, be turned into a treat.
Short Halloween Quotations for Instagram
Short Halloween quotes can be included in cards, posted on social media like Facebook and Instagram, or included in school lunches.
- Clothes make a statement. Costumes tell a story.
- There is a child in every one of us who is still a trick-or-treater looking for a brightly-lit front porch.
- Jack-O-Lanterns: The Cutting Edge of Halloween chic.
- Come as you aren’t.
Unknown (invite to Halloween Party)
- Double, double toil and trouble; fire burn and cauldron bubble.
- Witch and ghost make merry on this last of dear October’s days.
- Tomb it may concern: Brace yourself for the ex-fear-ience.
Great Halloween quotes are meant to be shared with friends and family. Check these out!
- Fangs For The Memories And Nightmares.
- Halloween is huge in my house and we really get into the spirits of things.
- ‘Tis now the very witching time of night, When churchyards yawn and hell itself breathes out contagion to this world.
- When witches go riding,
and black cats are seen,
the moon laughs and whispers,
‘tis near Halloween.
- I don’t know that there are real ghosts and goblins, but there are always more trick-or-treaters than neighborhood kids.
- Nothing on Earth so beautiful as the final haul on Halloween night.
Creepy October 31 Quotations
Some Halloween quotes make us laugh, and some Halloween quotes send a chill down our spine. These fall into the latter group.
- I heard one cry in the night, and I heard one laugh afterward. If I cannot forget that, I shall not be able to sleep again.
- A house is never still in darkness to those who listen intently; there is a whispering in distant chambers, an unearthly hand presses the snib of the windows, the latch rises. Ghosts were created when the first man awoke in the night.
- Hark! Hark to the wind! ‘Tis the night, they say,
When all souls come back from the far away –
The dead, forgotten this many a day.
- A gypsy fire is on the hearth,
Sign of the carnival of mirth;
Through the dun fields and from the glade
Flash merry folk in masquerade,
For this is Halloween!
- There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all of the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul and something of its inconceivable mystery.
- The witches fly,
Across the sky,
The owls go, ‘Who? Who? Who?’
The black cat’s yowl
And green ghosts howl,
‘Scary Halloween to you’!
Nina Willis Walter
- On Halloween the thing you must do
Is pretend that nothing can frighten you
And if somethin’ scares you and you want to run
Just let on like it’s Halloween fun.
- Just like a ghost, you’ve been a-hauntin’ my dreams,
So I’ll propose on Halloween.
Love is kinda crazy with a spooky little girl like you.
- Shadows of a thousand years rise again unseen,
Voices whisper in the trees, ‘Tonight is Halloween!’
- Hobgoblins know the proper way to dance:
Arms akimbo, loopy legs askew,
Leaping into the darkness with delight,
Lusting for the ecstasy of fright,
Open to the charm of horrors new…
- Nothing beats a haunted moonlit night on All Hallows Eve… And on this fatal night, at this witching time, the starless sky laments black and unmoving. The somber hues of an ominous, dark forest are suddenly illuminated under the emerging face of the full moon.
- ‘Stir the fire till it lowe
How like a queen comes forth the lonely Moon
from the slow opening curtains of the clouds
Walking in beauty to her midnight throne!
- Those seemingly interminable dark walls between houses, long before street-lit safety became an issue, were more adrenalizing than the mountains of candy filling the sack. Sadly Halloween, with our good-natured attempts to protect the little ones, from the increasingly dangerous traffic and increasingly sick adults, has become an utter bore.
Cute Halloween Quotes For Kids
- The witch can be bribed with chocolate.
- Ghosts have real spirit.
- Witches got to stick together.
- Boos are just applause from ghosts.
- A bootiful night and a haunting we will go.
- You say witch-like it’s a bad thing.
- Zombies eat brains; so you’re safe.
Halloween Sayings For Facebook
- Happy as a witch in a broom factory.
- Fangs for the memories.
- Eat, drink, and be scary.
- Boo, y’all!
- You make me batty!
- I have lots of skeleton jokes — there just not very humerus.
- Bugs and Hisses.
- Some people have no guts.
- Witchful thinking.
- Thrills and Chills.
- Howl you doin’?
Charlie Brown Halloween – Great Pumpkin Sayings
From “It’s the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown” – the source of some great Halloween sayings.
- Each year, the Great Pumpkin rises out of the pumpkin patch that he thinks is the most sincere. He’s gotta pick this one. He’s got to. I don’t see how a pumpkin patch can be more sincere than this one. You can look around and there’s not a sign of hypocrisy. Nothing but sincerity as far as the eye can see.
- A person should always choose a costume that is in direct contrast to her own personality.
Lucy Van Pelt
- Have you come to sing pumpkin carols?
- Linus: You don’t believe the story of the Great Pumpkin? I thought little girls always believed everything that was told to them. I thought little girls were innocent and trusting.
- Sally Brown: Welcome to the 20th century!
- There are three things that I’ve learned never discuss with people: religion, politics, and the Great Pumpkin.
- Lucy: I got five pieces of candy!
Pigpen: I got a chocolate bar!
Schroeder: I got a quarter!
Charlie Brown: I got a rock.
Linus’ Best Halloween Quotations
Linus has some of the best Halloween quotes. Perhaps it’s because he’s such a fan of the holiday.
- You must get discouraged because more people believe in Santa Claus than in you. Well, let’s face it; Santa Claus has had more publicity, but being number two, perhaps you try harder.
Linus – writing a letter to the Great Pumpkin
- The Great Pumpkin rises from the pumpkin patch and gives toys to good little girls and boys.
- Dear Great Pumpkin. I’m looking forward to your arrival on Halloween night. I hope you will bring me lots of presents.
Linus – writing a letter to the Great Pumpkin
- Trick or treat! Money or eats!
Kids trick or treating
- He’ll come here because I have the most sincere pumpkin patch and he respects sincerity.
- Next year at this same time, I’ll find a pumpkin patch that is real sincere! And I’ll sit in that pumpkin patch until the Great Pumpkin appears! He’ll rise out of that pumpkin patch and he’ll fly through the air with his bag of toys! The Great Pumpkin will appear! And I’ll be waiting for him! I’ll be there! I’ll be sitting there in that pumpkin patch! And I’ll see the Great Pumpkin! Just wait and see, Charlie Brown! I’ll see that Great Pumpkin! I’ll SEE the Great Pumpkin! Just you wait, Charlie Brown! The Great Pumpkin will appear and I’ll be waiting for him! I’ll be there! I’ll be sitting there in that pumpkin patch… and I’ll see the Great Pumpkin! Just wait and see!
Tip: Some of these Halloween Quotes work great are party invites and as photo captions.
Halloween Movie Quotes
- Every day is Halloween, isn’t it? For some of us.
- Wait Master, it might be dangerous… you go first!
Igor, Young Frankenstein
- I’ll stop wearing black when they make a darker color.
Wednesday Addams, The Addams Family TV Show
- It’s Halloween, everyone’s entitled to one good scare.
Sheriff Leigh Brackett, Halloween
- Being normal is vastly overrated.
Aggie Cromwell, Halloweentown
Mean Girls Quote
In the real world, Halloween is when kids dress up in costumes and beg for candy. In Girl World, Halloween is the one day a year when a girl can dress up like a total slut and no other girls can say anything else about it.
Cady Heron – Mean Girls movie
Where to Use These Halloween Sayings?
Well, there are many options as to how and when you can use this collection of quotes. Try them out for party invitations, email sign-offs the week of Halloween, letters, cards, and in conversation. You might also use them for signs for the company Halloween party or for locker room signs on the big day. Also, consider for party decorations, shirts, for kids lunch boxes and for social media, e.g. Facebook and Instagram.
Think about using them with black or orange ink or markers to stay in the spirit of the holiday.
Halloween Party Name Ideas
- Party Like a Monster.
- The Ghoul Get-Together.
- The Bootiful Bash.
- The Mummy Mash.
- Zombie Apartylpse.
- The Broomstick Blast.
- Til Death Do Us Party.
- Eat, Drink, and Be Scary Party.
- The Bat Ball.
- The Ghastly Ghoul Gala.
- The Witchin’ Hour.
- The Hobgoblin House Party.
- The Fantasy Soiree.
- The Pumpkin Affair.
- The RIP Reception.
- The Boo Binge.
- The Zombie Shindig.
- The Spooky Soiree.
- Hallowine Party Time.
- The Boo Bash.
When is Halloween?
Halloween is always celebrated in the U.S. on October 31. This year, Halloween falls on Saturday, October 31, 2020.
Other Names for Halloween
What is another name for Halloween? The holiday can also be called Hallows’ Eve, All Saints’ Eve, or All Hallows’ Eve.
Have a fang-tastic Halloween!
By Mike O’Halloran
Although his last name is confused by some as being too close to Halloween, Mike assures us we shouldn’t be spooked, and that there’s no relation.
You’re on the Halloween Quotes page.
You Might Like: