Our collection of true love quotes are perfect for romantics and those who want to be.
True love is the most difficult thing to find. It is much more than being warm and talking kindly to someone. True love is also much more than saying I love you. It can be difficult to express yourself. Love means caring for that special someone in a selfless way. It means being there with them when they need help. It means doing everything in your power to keep them safe.
Finding that special someone does not always come easy. But once you find the person you want to spend the rest of your life with, you don’t want to lose it. When you find true love, cherish it, nurture it and take care of that relationship. If you are looking for some beautiful words to describe your sweetheart, these quotations will help you express your affection in a thoughtful way.
Best True Love Quotes
- True love is not a hide-and-seek game: in true love, both lovers seek each other.
Michael Bassey Johnson
- True love doesn’t demand – It only loves.
- True love stories never have endings.
- True love is like ghosts, which everyone talks about and few have seen.
Francois de La Rochefoucauld
- Genuine and true love is so rare that when you encounter it in any form, it’s a wonderful thing, to be utterly cherished in whatever form it takes.
- I can’t stop loving you and no matter what I say or do you know my heart is true.
Unknown In true love the smallest distance is too great and the greatest distance can be bridged.
- True love doesn’t happen right away; it’s an ever-growing process. It develops after you’ve gone through many ups and downs, when you’ve suffered together, cried together, laughed together.
True Love Quotes For Him
- A woman knows the face of the man she loves as a sailor knows the open sea.
- Honore de Balzac
Each day I love you more, today more than yesterday and less than tomorrow.
He’s not your prince charming if he doesn’t make sure you know that you’re his princess.
- Demi Lovato
A man reserves his true and deepest love not for the species of woman in whose company he finds himself electrified and enkindled, but for that one in whose company he may feel tenderly drowsy.
George Jean Nathan
- Without you I’m nothing. With you I’m Something. Together we’re Everything.
- True love is taking the risk that it won’t be a happily-ever-after. True love is joining hands with the man who loves you for who you are and saying, I’m not afraid to believe in you.
- I never loved you any more than I do, right this second. And I’ll never love you any less than I do, right this second.
- When I tell you I love you, I don’t say it out of habit. I say it to remind you that you are the best thing that has ever happened to me.
- For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.
- I am catastrophically in love with you.
- A flower cannot blossom without sunshine, and man cannot live without love.
- My love for you has no depth, its boundaries are ever-expanding. My love and my life with you will be a never-ending story.
Check out these quotations on the meaning of love.
True Love Quotes for Her
- I love you and that’s the beginning and end of everything.
F. Scott Fitzgerald
- No matter what has happened. No matter what you’ve done – No matter what you will do. I will always love you. I swear it.
- You are every reason, every hope, and every dream I’ve ever had.
- And I’ve realized that the Beatles got it wrong. Love isn’t all we need — love is all there is.
- And in her smile, I see something more beautiful than the stars.
- You are my paradise and I would happily get stranded on you for a lifetime.
Unknown (Learn more about expressing yourself with metaphors)
- If I know what love is, it is because of you.
- I love you the way a drowning man loves air. And it would destroy me to have you just a little.
- Rae Carson
When I tell you I love you, I am not saying it out of habit, I am reminding you that you are my life.
- It’s one thing to fall in love. It’s another to feel someone else fall in love with you and to feel a responsibility toward that love.
- Everywhere I look I am reminded of your love. You are my world.
Check out 73 Corny Pick-Up Lines.
- The course of true love never did run smooth.
- I believe in the immeasurable power of love; that true love can endure any circumstance and reach across any distance.
- True hearts have eyes and ears, no tongues to speak; They hear and see, and sigh, and then they break.
- The journey to a thousand stars is not too far a journey in the quest to have true love abiding in a pure heart.
- Some of us have hearts, you know. Some of us don’t give up on true love.
- The only true love is love at first sight; second sight dispels it.
- True love is not the number of kisses, or how often you get them, true love is the feeling that still lingers long after the kiss is over.
- True love cannot be found where it does not exist, nor can it be denied where it does.
- True love is usually the most inconvenient kind.
You might like 137+ Cute Sayings.
- We don’t believe in rheumatism and true love until after the first attack.
Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach
- True love doesn’t come to you it has to be inside you.
- True love doesn’t need proof.
The eyes told what heartfelt.
- True love begins when you accept yourself in your totality. Then, and only then, can you completely love another.
Amy Leigh Mercree
- Nothing can bring a real sense of security into the home except true love.
- True love is eternal, infinite, and always like itself. It is equal and pure, without violent demonstrations — it is seen with white hairs and is always young in the heart.
Honore de Balzac
- When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.
When Harry Met Sally
You might like our Happy Valentine’s Day page.
Romance is in the Air
- I’ve been writing songs since I was 14 years old, and that’s my true love.
- This is my dream, It is my own dream, I dreamt it. I dreamt that my hair was kempt. Then I dreamt that my true love unkempt it.
- When I listen to love, I am listening to my true nature. When I express love, I am expressing my true nature.
- Oh that it were possible, After long grief and pain, To find the arms of my true love, Around me once again.
Alfred Lord Tennyson
- I want my true love because I don’t have so much time, and I wanna spend my time with the right girl.
- Prince Charming can go suck rocks. I’ve met my true love and he’s a contractor.
- I would know you anywhere for my true love. Whoever I was and whoever you were, I would know you at once for my true love.
- My true love hath my heart, and I have his.
You might like “I Love You” Quotes
True Love Quote
- When you wish for others as you wish for yourself and when you protect others as you would protect yourself, that’s when you can say its true love.
- True love is supposed to make you into a better person — uplift you.
- True love is inexhaustible; the more you give, the more you have.
Antoine De Saint-Exupery
- Without sacrifice, true love is incomprehensible.
- The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.
Check out: 173+ I Love You So Much Quotes.
- When forever becomes a place…when forever ceases to be just a word… when it ceases to be just a measurement of time…but instead becomes a place where soul mates can dance to the song in their hearts… that is a reflection of true love.
- True love is when you put someone on a pedestal, and they fall but you are there to catch them.
- True love isn’t expressed in passionately whispered words an intimate kiss or an embrace; before two people are married, love is expressed in self-control, patience, even words left unsaid.
- True love is quiescent, except in the nascent moments of true humility.
Bryant H. McGill
- True love is an irrevocable act – you can only give your heart away once – after that, you give as much as you have left.
- Two things you will never have to chase: True friends & true love.
- We simply can’t abandon ship every time we encounter a storm in our marriage. Real love is about weathering the storms of life together.
Seth Adam Smith
Short True Love Quotes
- I swear I couldn’t love you more than I do right now, and yet I know I will tomorrow.
- Real love is a permanently self-enlarging experience.
M. Scott Peck
- True love comes quietly, without banners or flashing lights. If you hear bells, get your ears checked.
- To love is nothing. To be loved is something. But to love and be loved, that’s everything.
- In order to be happy oneself it is necessary to make at least one other person happy.
Theodor Reik, one of Freud’s students.
- Love is a two-way street constantly under construction.
- You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.
- You have bewitched me body and soul, and I love, I love, I love you.
Mr. Darcy from Pride and Prejudice
- The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.
- Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead.
- I think the perfection of love is that it’s not perfect.
You might like Cute Paragraphs For Him
Lover — Taylor Swift Video
Famous Lovers From History
- Romeo and Juliet — Shakespeare’s star-crossed lovers had a hard time with the in-laws.
- Lancelot and Guinevere — A sad, love story involving King Arthur.
- Paris and Helena — Helen of Troy was regarded as the most beautiful woman in the world. Paris fell in love with her, took her back to Troy, and thus ignited a war with Greece.
- Scarlett O’Hara and Rhett Butler — The stormy marriage from Margaret Mitchell’s Gone With The Wind.
- Darcy and Elizabeth Bennet — Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice leads have quite a following.
- Queen Victoria and Prince Albert — An English royalty love story where Victoria mourned Albert for 40 years after his death.
- Cleopatra and Mark Anthony — Egyptian Cleopatra and Roman Mark Anthony fell in love at first sight. Cleopatra killed herself when she learned of Mark Anthony’s death.
Mike is the editor of Greeting Card Poet.
You’re on the True Love Quotes page.
You might like: