The graduation invite arrives in mid-May. Your neighbors’ kid is graduating from high school and has plans to attend a prestigious university in a neighboring state. The grad parties are always fun. Good food, lots of friends and neighbors usually show up, and everyone is in a festive mood. And, the graduate is a good kid.
You decide that no college-kid-to-be ever has enough money, so the graduation gift decision is easy. You buy a card and sit down to write a touching message before enclosing the cash.
How to write a great graduation card message
Then you realize you’ve got nothing to say. Congratulations are in order, but the interior of the card already has that written on it. Do you just sign your names? Boring. What you need are some good ideas on what to write for a graduation card.
We can help.
Here are some of our favorites:
Funny Graduation Card Messages
- Congrats on getting through the easy part of life!
- May your great college memories last longer than your student loan payments.
- Our deepest condolences on the end of your school life.
- Call it graduation, call it commencement or in your case, call it a MIRACLE!
- They say school is like toilet paper – you only miss it when it’s gone.
- Just think. Now you get to add some initials after your name on any official publications. Congrats!
- “No Child Left Behind” really does work!
- Graduation = Smart people wearing stupid hats.
- Respect your elders. We graduated without Wikipedia.
- 4 years, 3 books and 210 keggers! Congrats!
Happy Graduation Messages
- Hats off to the graduate!
- Be glad you’re a grad! Congrats!
- Just the beginning of successes for you. Congrats!
- Seize the day graduate!
- Hard work: check! Good grades: check! Make some money: more checks!
- One degree = two happy parents! Congrats!
- We’re so excited to share in the excitement of your graduation. Bravo!
- May your dreams always be big and your worries small.
- Life is to be lived and explored. Make the most of it graduate!
- This calls for celebrating! Congratulations!
- You did it! Wishing you all the best!
- Be Awesome!
- Keep learning, keep trying, and keep accomplishing.
- You did it. Now it’s time to celebrate!
- Congratulations and BRAVO!
Great Graduation Quotes
Don’t be afraid to reference a great graduation quotation in your message. Here are some ideas.
- All our dreams can come true…if we have the courage to pursue them. —Walt Disney
- If you think education is expensive, try ignorance!—Andy McIntyre
- The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.—Eleanor Roosevelt
- Just don’t give up trying to do what you really want to do.—Ella Fitzgerald
- An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest.–Author unknown
- Commencement speeches were invented largely in the belief that outgoing college students should never be released into the world until they have been properly sedated.–Garry Trudeau
- Do not follow where the path may lead. Go, instead, where there is no path and leave a trail.–Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Education is the key to unlocking the world, a passport to freedom.–Oprah Winfrey
- Graduation day is tough for adults. They go to the ceremony as parents. They come home as contemporaries. After twenty-two years of child-raising, they are unemployed.—Erma Bombeck
- Hitch your wagon to a star.—Ralph Waldo Emerson
- If your uniform isn’t dirty, you haven’t been in the game.–Ben Bernanke
- It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.—e.e. cummings
- Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.—Mahatma Ghandi
- Make the most of yourself, for that is all there is of you.—Ralph Waldo